Volunteers are vital to the success of our school. Because of volunteers, our students are able to practice their English communication skills with a larger number of English speakers and continue to learn more about Western culture. We welcome volunteers from all over the world who are native English speakers and have a heart to build relationships with our students.
As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to assist the school in the following areas:
- Assist teachers in the classroom during the day
- Hold English Corners (conversation practice sessions) in the evening
- Participate in evening activities (game nights, costume parties, movie nights, etc.)
- Go on outings with the school (Great Wall, Olympic Park, etc.)
- Help with the marketing of the school
- Help with office and clerical work
Volunteers can come for any length of time during the academic year. Some choose to come for several months, while others are only able to come for a week or two.
Our volunteers do not need teaching experience, but we ask for a willingness to serve where you are most needed. Many volunteers also choose to serve New Day in many areas – whether it be with our company, our foster home, or volunteering in the community.
Please visit our Volunteer Services website for more information.